Preserve Healthy Caribbean Societies!
Societies in the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) are under attack! You are invited to sign your name to this Declaration and Appeal to the Caribbean political leadership, which will be submitted in time for the 36th Regular Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) to be held in Barbados from July 2 to 4, 2015.
Concerned Caribbean citizens are urging our governments, and inviting allied members of civil society from around the world to preserve existing legal definitions of marriage and family, reject same sex marriage, and also to reject the growing calls for euthanasia.
The Caribbean community, is under increasing international pressure to accept a re-interpretation of human rights that will undermine true fundamental human rights and the institutions of marriage and the family.
The pressure has included:
- Court cases challenging laws that prohibit unnatural sexual behaviours;
- Sneaking in offensive material into sex education curricula for 11-12 year old children;
- Demands by UN agencies, international groups and foreign Governments, that CARICOM repeal laws that prohibit unhealthy sexual behaviours, protect the unborn child and the innocence of childhood;
- Punishing a CARICOM national who spoke the truth about risky sexual behaviours, by arbitrarily terminating his employment and suppressing his fundamental freedoms of conscience and expression;
- ‘Diversity’ training of the police force by a same-sex 'married' couple from Canada;
- Secret visit to Jamaica by specially appointed Envoys for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) 'rights’ endorsed by US State Department.
Caribbean peoples dearly treasure freedoms that our forefathers valiantly fought and died for. We, their descendants must routinely and soundly reject new forms of cultural, political, economic and social imperialism. Please join us, as other members of the Caribbean community and as allies from around the world, to preserve healthy societies across the region!
Your signatures will be delivered to the CARICOM heads of state meeting in Barbados from July 2 to July 4.
The Jamaica Coalition for a Healthy Society
See the PDF of the declaration here:
Sign this petition now!
CARICOM Civil Society Declaration of June 2015